1. Building is basically empty, no-one to notice you singing in the lab
2. No queue for coffee machine
3. Can get the best table in the break room
4. It’s raining anyway
5. …and all the shops are closed
6. Finns will be impressed with your work ethic
7. Can show up late, leave early, procrastinate like hell and still feel virtuous because you are “working a holiday”
It almost makes up for all the times someone in the UK asks “Do you guys have a bank holiday today as well?” while posting photos of themselves drunk in a park.
Oh and happy Juhannus!